A Dire Warning To Prepare-SRC
In the age of the 24 hour supermarket, food storage may seem like a crazy concept. But economic forces are converging in such a way that skyrocketing food prices no longer seem like a possibility, more and more they appear to be an impending certainty. While Glenn could be wrong about inflation, there’s no harm in being prepared. Don’t be the person holding up a sign looking for help, be the person with a life raft. Look at the information on food storage and decide what’s best for you and your family.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
– No refrigeration, plan for emergency assuming no electricity.
– Be nutritious, there may be some more physical activity required (ie. Blizzard requires more shoveling) – Keep calorie count FOOD – Recommend you start with 2 week supply of food
– Good no-cook food items
– Energy bars / breakfast bars
– Tuna packages
– Canned pasta – Dried fruit / canned fruit
– Dry milk
– Instant coffee
– V-8 juice
– Plan around the way you already eat.
– Build around 3 categories of food
– Grocery store goods: often inexpensive, and it’s all familiar stuff. (i.e. mac & cheese)
– Freeze dried foods: lightweight and don’t take up much room. more expensive up front, but priced out per serving, it’s budget friendly.
– Bulk dry food: rice, beans, dehydrated fruits and vegetables, cornmeal, wheat, dried milk, etc. It will be the backbone of your food storage and last up to 20-30 years.
– Don’t stock up on it unless you know you like it.
– Look at ingredients. You don’t want something high in sodium or preservatives
– Pay attention to shelf life. Take a look at package, can. Soup doesn’t need water and can store this for a few years. Plastic bags and cardboard boxes – 1 yr max
– Easiest way to store is by using cleaned out 2 liter soda bottles. You can easily clean out with hot water, drop of soap. Rinse thoroughly. That type of plastic is safe for storage.
– Recommend 2 liter soda bottle / per person / per day. For consumption and washing.
– If a situation where water is an issue, be sure to have stash of paper plates & freeze dried meals.
– If you can heat water, then at least you can enjoy a hot meal (i.e. mac & cheese, pasta, soup)
– 5 main enemies to storing food
– Temperature: ideal is 40 degrees – 72 degrees. For every 18 degrees above 72, food will lose its’ nutritional value by half
– Humidity: Store food off the floor and away from outside walls
– Pests: Keep food in air-tight containers clean up food particles on the shelves or floor
– Oxygen: Use oxygen absorbers, rotate food, vacuum packing food to reduce oxidation
– Light: Keep your pantry area dark. If food is in clear containers, keep them in labeled boxes with lids. – Look for places where can you declutter (I have water bottles stored under my kids’ beds)
– You can store food in bin under a bed, clear out space in closet and designate a shelf.
– I recommend pieces of furniture that can double as storage. (i.e. Bench that opens up with a storage component – especially good for small homes)
– Store in a place that you won’t be dipping into constantly.
– Items like toilet paper, can be bulky but it can be stored in garage, attic, shed, etc. moisture will affect it but temperature won’t.
– Non-food items, purposefully 1-2 weeks supply
– Go through entire day and jot down every non-item used. Soap, shampoo, contact solution, etc. buy extras of those.
– Keep easily organized in buckets (i.e. dental, laundry, etc.)
– Give serious consideration to how your family will cope when power is down. Communication, entertainment, What would we do to take care of pets? Keep things cool in the home, etc?
The lovely Coupon Prepper joins me in the studio today to help me deliver a dire warning about getting serious about your food storage program. If you put any stock into the prophetic warnings of Johnathan Cahn or Mark Biltz, if you understand what the secular analysts like Martin Armstrong, Paul Craig Roberts, David Stockman, or John Williams see coming, the hour to prepare is at hand. We spend an entire hour providing a list of what you need to start doing right now to achieve a minimum level of preparedness by September. The Shemitah ticker in the top left corner shows just how short time is. If you haven’t already, take the time to write up an inventory of the stocks you have on hand, what else you need, and start getting those items stored up. If you enjoy the show, please like and subscribe! www.youtube.com
Now Is The Time To Prepare
Survival MD (Best Post Collapse First Aid Survival Guide Ever)
Backyard Innovator (A Self Sustaining Source Of Fresh Meat,Vegetables And Clean Drinking Water)
Blackout USA (EMP survival and preparedness)
Conquering the coming collapse (Financial advice and preparedness )
Liberty Generator (Build and make your own energy source)
Backyard Liberty (Easy and cheap DIY Aquaponic system to grow your organic and living food bank)
Bullet Proof Home (A Prepper’s Guide in Safeguarding a Home )
Family Self Defense (Best Self Defense Strategies For You And Your Family)
Sold Out After Crisis (Best 37 Items To Hoard For A Long Term Crisis)
Survive The End Days (Biggest Cover Up Of Our President)
Drought USA(Discover The Amazing Device That Turns Air Into Water)