Editor’s Note: The signs of collapse are all around us. From naturally occurring phenomenon to man-made influence, one can’t help but notice that something just isn’t right with the world. Most people ignore the possibilities, often making up excuses for why they shouldn’t be preparing for a significant change to our way of life. But the evidence, as outlined in the following analysis by long-time SHTFplan Community contributor Be Informed, suggests that failing to prepare for it could have a horrific outcome.
It is not just you that has seen that life has begun to stink for the human population around the globe. Like a sick person there are symptoms of a much more aggressive underlying condition that can become or IS terminal. Life is not just like it was a generation or two ago. This is not just some sort of nostalgic longing for people’s youth.
Times have become strange, disturbing and frightening for most. Even the most elderly and long lived of the people can tell you that during their lifetimes there has not been such a disconnect with the dreams of people and their futures looking bright.
A negative cloud hangs over human civilization and the following 50 examples show why we all should be quite unsettled.
1. Fukushima. This is a catastrophe that is poisoning the regional western Pacific Ocean that will become worldwide sooner than later unless repaired or contained.
2. Bee and butterfly die off. Butterflies are the canary in the coal mine warning of a toxic environment. Bees are the difference between food and about 1/2 less the needed amount we all depend on if bees are not around to pollinate flowers. Bees help fuel the agriculture industry.
3. Genetically modified foods and poor unhealthy livestock. We are not meant to eat frankenstein food that our bodies don’t recognize or don’t properly assimilate. Eating animals that are shot full of chemicals or that eat GMO foods or other substandard feed is a human health problem starting with all forms of cancer.
4. Lack of arable land. At a certain point people won’t be able to grow enough food to feed the world. This is normally reached at between 1500-2000 people per square mile of arable land. Right now the world stands at about 1400 people per square mile of arable land.
5. Antibiotic resistant diseases. This is very serious for humans as a very contagious and highly fatal bacteria could wipe out massive numbers. It is also an issue with animals on the farm and plant life people depend on to consume. An agricultural blight would be just as devastating as centuries ago if uncontrollable. People go hungry.
6. Chemical poisoning of the water ways. This is from the creeks to the streams to rivers and lakes to the ocean. Clean water is necessary for health. Food sources are being contaminated at a very alarming rates from toxins all around the world.
7. Fresh water scarcity. One only has to look to the American Southwest to see just how important fresh water is and what any drought can do. Famine becomes more and more likely when someone cannot give crops enough water. Cities can cease to function without enough water.
8. Toxic processed foods being the normal staple people eat. Junk food by any name, people become extremely malnourished which causes an overwhelmed health care system. People simple don’t function well when they live on bad food.
9. Super germs, both human, animal, and plant. There are life forms in the plant and animal kingdom that go extinct all the time. Recently Ebola has become more virulent, new diseases such as MERS shows an increase of the chance of a super pathogen killing off large percentages.
10. Human beings becoming more frail. Lack of good food, proper exercise, clean safe water and food has helped create a creme puff type of people. These people lack hardiness and will wither in the face of any real hardship.
11. Invasive introduction of species not meant to be part of certain ecosystems. People continue to accidentally or on purpose bring in plants, animals, and germs into places that just can’t handle them. Look at the Burmese Python snake in Florida that has decimated the animal life there. Asian fish and mollusk species into American waters have caused horrible damage.
12. Pharmacentical poisoning of humans. MEDS, as people call them, have caused side effect after side effect and left exploding health care costs that have bankrupted individuals all over the place. On top of this it has left the population in a state of being almost half dead.
13. Over vaccinations. There is still much debate over Autism and vaccinations being the cause, but why is it necessary to overtax our immune systems with every practical inoculation against every disease ever thought of? Especially something someone has extremely little chance of ever catching?
14. Difficulty in maintaining proper crop production. In many areas the ground is no longer able to sustain itself because of over fertilizing creating a brine of salt and other minerals. More and more already scarce water to help water down the soil becomes necessary. Plants suffer disease and need even more fertilizer treatments to give out a decent crop. These plants also need more pesticides.
15. Expansions of human settlements into known disaster areas. Much of these terrible calamities such as intense flooding can be avoided by proper planning and never putting buildings into known danger areas such as flood plains. This expansion continues at an alarming rate each year.
16. Little or no protection given to people’s businesses and homes from catastrophes. Flood walls, buildings constructed to better withstand earthquakes, pre-established fire breaks, etc. The whole country and other countries are mostly still at the mercy of Mother Nature because of lack of insight to safeguard property.
17. Crumbling infrastructure. Someone can drive around and see all the bridges and roads in desperate need of repair or replacement. The power grids and nuclear plants are at the top of the lists in need of help, and would cripple the country if and when they fail.
18. Over populating urban areas worldwide. This is a problem that is waiting to become a cataclysm should the economy collapse or other widespread disaster occur. Large cities depend entirely on outside aid to continue to operate. Without this, large cities die and with them most of the people that live there. Congestion is adding much to the stress level of hundreds of millions from these concentrated number of people living like matchsticks on top of each other.
19. Almost total inability of most people to adapt to harsh change. A sudden drop off of “necessary” reliances have put most people on the brink of individual collapse when what they need is not there for them for days, weeks, months or longer.
20. Failure of solutions and problems. Like Fukushima, other big problems are lost for concern as there is a near universal acceptance of just living with it no matter how terrible it is.
21. People depending on safety nets to bail them out of ALL circumstances. So many now just know that no matter what happens, the government, FEMA, or other agency will save them. People have become reliant on others that might or might not be there. Setting up for failure.
22. No monetary accountability. As people care less and less, future financial disasters build up steam and are allowed to get worse. New 2008-09 type economic collapses become more likely as phantom money and fudged numbers go by without much thought about what is really happening.
23. Exploding debt. The U.S. debt is following E to the X expansion in which inflation not only becomes hyper, but infinite and limitless. This is the way expontential E to X works as the line of increase starts out gentle and almost flat and grows to almost 90 degree vertical increase.
24. More percentage of world’s money in less percentage of the people’s hands. Money simply means power, and less people have this power. This means fewer people with more control over more people, a lot more control.
25. Main stream media and government deception. Most people are naive and even more so want to think everything is rosy and wonderful. We are being fed a constant stream of information that doesn’t begin to scratch the surface just how awful things are and how close to everything falling apart life as we know it is.
26. Lack of privacy and government intrusion into our lives. Besides the drone problem, you just have to ask how much NSA and others pries into our private lives and makes honest good citizens into suspects of everything and anything.
27. People wanting to be linked up to everything. While people complain about the government looking in like peeping Toms at others’ lives, the public wants to be connected with everything. This is opening all sorts of windows to everyone’s lives that they’d rather not have others observing.
28. Credit cards and taking physical money from society. Cashless societies means that every single thing someone purchases is monitored. One thing bought could send your friendly neighborhood Gestapo to your door to see why you purchased what you did. People depend more on plastic cards than anytime in history. This also of course leads to bankrupt type debt from so many that are irresponsible with credit.
29. Allowing a machine or government to do someone’s thinking for them. People will not even act on anything anymore without asking their SMART phone to do everything for them. They rather have those in authority tell them how to think and behave, it is far easier.
30. Total dependence on technology and gadgets. People cannot function the most rudimentry tasks or problems anymore. Mental laziness is gripping this world.
31. Lack of concern for anyone but oneself. Self indulgence and living for the moment at other people’s expense. Just look at the most popular word now filtering around the world, SELFIE.
32. Worship and practice of weirdness and perversion. There is a loss of wholesomeness that was once praised and admired. The following of these music idols shows this all too well.
33. Human self mutilations. You look at some of the face jewelry that pierces their lips and cheeks that looks like some has been blasted by shrapnel and you wonder how anyone would want to look like they were hit by some suicide bomber. A trendy look that is a frightening example of how much certain people dislike or hate their bodies and lives.
34. Listlessness and stagnation of humans. There is a strong lack of any drive in people anymore. Like a sloth people just exist and wander around like zombies oblivious to much around them.
35. Political correctness and conformity. This is a plague, as people are losing their rights to say anything that might be offensive to anyone. The First Amendent is dying slowly in front of our eyes. It doesn’t matter how well thought out or true something is, only that NO ONE has hurt feelings from what is said.
36. Taking people out of the decision making processes. As technology grows so does the elimination of people. This is not only job losses, but allows fewer and fewer to make important decisions in business, military, and everyday life. It sets up for failure that is not easily correctable when the status quo does flop.
37. Destruction of people’s rights as humans and as life forms to defend themselves. Those that would attempt to control everyone by forcing their idealism of what means to be civilized is the taking away of people’s self defense all over the world. Some areas even prohibit the use of your own personal body to save yourself from being brutally attacked.
38. Numbness of other people suffering. Even to the point of enjoyment of seeing others in pain, sadism is becoming more intense each day. Music songs talk about this barbarism all the time. Pain for everyone is the new norm that individuals are gravitating towards like a moth towards fire.
39. People’s lack of convictions. Just look at the 90% disapproval ratings given to the U.S. congress. Each election cycle however the same politicians that get so much hate and flank are re-elected over and over again. Most people talk and that is it.
40. Indifference and falling apart of the family unit. There has been, over the course of humanity, much strength and security in families. This is dying off as families have grown so far apart that they interact only for short amounts of time each day with each other. A common response to this is a cop out – we have to let others live their own lives.
41. Escapism. Human beings are so miserable with the horrors of the world that they take drugs, create fake worlds of fantasies in video games, and do anything they can to get away from it.
42. Death of the human conscience. This is one of the most distressing of human problems that there is. People have lost that special side of them that defines wrong and right. Morality is way more than what others tell you what is correct, it is knowing what is fair and just towards others.
43. Widespread unhappiness, depression, despair, fear, anger, and hopelessness. Those that choose not to escape from this, deal with this ugliness each day. The stress level of so many is higher than anytime in history.
44. Increase of rampant insanity. Whether it is from brain chemistry toxins or just human beings losing it, lunacy is becoming commonplace everywhere. Then 2nd Amendment rights are vilified and blamed on firearms rather than the person that needs mental help and would have used some other tool to murder others anyway.
45. Loopholing of long established laws and freedoms. All over the world peoples’ rights are being attacked by their government to gain more control. This is fueled further by the majority of the population accepting and supporting this power grab. Many in the U.S. actually want to rewrite the Constitution, something that has worked remarkably well for more than 200 years.
46. Terrorism and other mass attacks becoming easier and easier. With technological advancement comes the ability to manufacture very deadly weapons of mass destruction. The worst of any of these are biological weapons that can kill millions or billions, not just directed at humans, but possibly at livestock and crops.
47. Willlingness of countries to fight over less and less. Natural resource depletion, especially fresh clean water, has always been a war starter. Now with so much less to go around it has become an even larger issue.
48. Many so called leaders now feel that nuclear war is winnable or the ONLY option. Nuclear weapons are now on more of a hair trigger than they have been for decades. Countries are itching for a fight like North Korea and China against Japan and South Korea. Those that are overmatched in conventional weapons feel they can make this up with nuclear warheads. Human civilization is almost living on borrowed time with this one.
49. Intensification of religious hatred. In the past few years peoples’ disgust towards each other based on their religious belief has grown to the most dangerous level in decades and is continuing to get worse. Look at all the examples of savage attacks based solely on someone’s faith every week.
50. Lack of preparation by 99%+ of the population. This is something that should be of grave concern to everyone. People are simply not ready for the next human catastrophe, which will eventually come violently.
Number 50 is the most essential. It is a simple choice by an individual if they want to have a chance to live for themselves and their families and see through a SHTF disaster, or die a hard ugly death.
There are countless more than 50 abominations that humans are rotting through now. It is the choice of the individual to either attempt to do something about the storm that will come, or live in self denial that this could ever happen.
Do you live in a world where your government will come to the rescue like the cavalry? A world where you need not self prepare for anything because 9-1-1 calls will link help within minutes?
Or have you come to terms with the fact that, as we saw during Hurricane Katrina, you will be totally on your own and failure to prepare will leave you without food, water, or anything else necessary to survive?
A lot of problems with human civilization add up in the future to a collapse of most of everything we depend on.
The choice is up to each individual, as the signs of impending big problems in the future cannot be dismissed no matter how far in ground someone wants to bury the truth.
Other useful resources:
Backyard Innovator (A Self Sustaining Source Of Fresh Meat,Vegetables And Clean
Blackout USA (EMP survival and preparedness)
Conquering the coming collapse (Financial advice and preparedness )
Liberty Generator (Build and make your own energy source)
Backyard Liberty (Easy and cheap DIY Aquaponic system to grow your organic and living food bank)
Bullet Proof Home (A Prepper’s Guide in Safeguarding a Home )
Family Self Defense (Best Self Defense Strategies For You And Your Family)
Sold Out After Crisis (Best 37 Items To Hoard For A Long Term Crisis)
Source : www.shtfplan.com