10 Gardening Tips & Ideas every gardener should know & 10 Vegetable Gardening Mistakes and How to avoid them
10 tips, ideas and hacks every gardener should know. These gardening tricks might surprise you and help you not only to grow the best plants in your garden, but also save you a lot of money. Here is the set of tips:
1. Beneficial bacteria: Fish emulsion and seaweed fertilizer have a lot of beneficial microbes which can be added to your soil
2. Seed viability: A quick trick to check seed viability without sowing seeds
3. EZ Pot Holes – Never use a drill to punch holes in a container, there is a much easier way to do this!
4. Aspirin – Learn why Aspirin is such a powerhouse!
5. Eggshells – What do they have to do with gardening? And how you can use a BlendTec blender to make eggshell meal out of eggshells
6. Epsom Salt – Why epsom salt is so beneficial for growing the best tomatoes, peppers and eggplants
7. EZ Stakes – Build a stake in 5 minutes with minimal materials using this technique
8. Whiter Cauliflowers – How to get the perfect head of cauliflower
9. Isopropyl Alcohol – Discover the magic of rubbing alcohol and its use in the garden
10. Faster composting – Your scraps and leaves composting too slowly? Check out our tips for the fastest composting process
Video : youtube.com
On just a quarter-acre of land, you can produce fresh, organic food for a family of four — year-round! This comprehensive guide to homesteading provides all the information you need to grow and preserve a sustainable harvest of grains and vegetables.
See the top 10 gardening mistakes all gardeners make and how to correct them. This episode focuses on vegetable gardening. Here are the top 10 problems and how to correct them:
1. Soil preparation and nutrients – Plants need water, sunlight and nutrition to grow. Make sure you are providing all these to your vetetable plants. This advice will let you grow plants to their full potential.
2. Letting plants go root bound – Never let your plants go root bound. Inspect your plants every 2-3 years and repot them if necessary. Prune the roots, use a new potting mix and water well!
3. Calcium deficiency in peppers and eggplants – Blossom end rot is a common problem with tomatoes and peppers. By adding a calcium rich fertilizer, you can avoid blossom end rot in these vegetables
4. Feeding high nitrogen to edible roots – Root plants like radisha nd carrots must not be fed high nitrogen fertilizers. Doing so will result in a lot of foliage but no roots.
5. Over watering – Stop watering onions 2-3 weeks before harvest. If you over water onions whent hey are forming bulbs, the skin will start rotting
6. Harvesting prematurely – wait for the plant to finish its life before harvesting. With premature harvests, the plant has not grown to its full potential
7. Cauliflower problems – Cauliflower suffers from 2 problems – insect damage and buttoning. Insect problems like aphids can be avoided by spraying the plant with soapy water on the first sign of seeing insects. Buttoning can be avoided by planting in cooler weather and avoiding high nitrogen fertilizers
8. Not providing sunlight for plants – Always grow plants in sunlight. Most vegetable plants need 6-8 hours of sunlight
9. Planting in the incorrect season – Plant crops in the right season. Cool season vegetables do not grow well in hot weather and vice versa. Make sure you follow our video guides to know which season to plant your veggies.
10. Not buying seeds from a trusted source – Always buy seeds from a trusted source to avoid being cheated or get something else than what you ordered.
RELATED : Straw Bale Gardening (The latest trend is growing vegetables in straw bales, a method that resembles container gardening, except that the bales are both the container and the planting medium)
Video : youtube.com
Easy and cheap DIY Aquaponic system to grow your organic and living food bank
RELATED : Revolutionary Wood Chips Gardening: No Tilling, No Fertilizer, Less Weeds and 90-95% Less Water ( food on a little land using sustainable organic methods, while keeping costs and labor at a minimum)
The Lost Ways (Learn the long forgotten secrets that helped our forefathers survive famines,wars,economic crisis and anything else life threw at them)
Survival MD (Best Post Collapse First Aid Survival Guide Ever)
Backyard Innovator (A Self Sustaining Source Of Fresh Meat,Vegetables And Clean Drinking Water)
Blackout USA (EMP survival and preparedness)
Conquering the coming collapse (Financial advice and preparedness )
Liberty Generator (Build and make your own energy source)
Backyard Liberty (Easy and cheap DIY Aquaponic system to grow your organic and living food bank)
Bullet Proof Home (A Prepper’s Guide in Safeguarding a Home )
Family Self Defense (Best Self Defense Strategies For You And Your Family)
Survive Any Crisis (Best Items To Hoard For A Long Term Crisis)
Survive The End Days (Biggest Cover Up Of Our President)
Drought USA (Discover The Amazing Device That Turns Air Into Water)