22 Items That Vanish From Stores In An Economic Collapse or Natural Disaster
It’s no secret that a lot of people do not prepare for the worst. Whether it’s an economic collapse, a natural disaster, man-made disaster or any other kind of an emergency, it seems most households are not properly equipped to handle a crisis. This was apparent with recent events like Hurricane Sandy and the severe weather disasters in the Midwest and south in the middle of last year.
In any sort of a panic, everyone scrambles at the last minute when it’s essentially way too late. People head right away to a grocery or a convenience store and grab as much water, canned goods and toiletries as they can. Although some might be able to purchase a few of these essentials, it’s definitely not enough to survive on for even a week.
Although preppers are frowned upon by mainstream media outlets and certain facets of the United States population, they’re the ones that will survive in an inevitable local, state or national calamity. Instead of being criticized, they should be emulated by their fellow Americans.
If you have not started constructing your survival kit, you should start immediately. Economic Collapse News has advised in the past as to how and why you should protect yourself, but today we list what items are usually gone from shelves in an imminent threat to our daily lives. These products vanish from the market within days, become pretty difficult to find and are more valuable than dollars and perhaps even gold and silver.
Here are 22 items that vanish from store shelves in an economic collapse:
1. Water – this is the No. 1 item on anyone’s list
2. Portable water purification devices – perfect method to remove things like chlorine, odors, mercury, lead, etc.
3. Canned goods (soup, stews, vegetables, meats, etc.) – a good amount should last at least three months
4. Fuel – filled using red containers; fuel for your vehicle
5. Coolers – enough coolers to keep certain items fresh and mild
6. Radios – to get the latest up-to-date information about the collapse, emergency or natural disaster
7. Bags – any kind of set of bags would do (garbage bags, plastic bags, tote bags, etc.)
8. Toiletries (toilet paper, toothbrushes, toothpaste, nail clippers, cotton swabs, etc.) – maintaining one’s personal hygiene is important in hard times
9. Vitamins – the food may not be enough for nourishment so various kinds of vitamins or multi-vitamins are imperative
10. Candles – when the lights go out, we have to resort to candles, especially at night time
11. Flashlights – flashlights are good for day and night time, more importantly when there is no electricity
13. Batteries – a large supply for flashlights, radios and other devices that need batteries.
14. First-aid kits (antiseptic, bandages, alcohol, medicine, etc.)
15. Survival kits (compass, whistle, mini-flashlight, Swiss army knife, etc.)
16. Self-defense tools (firearms, knives, etc.) – when a disaster strikes, you could be a target because you have everything you need to survive
17. Various items to stay warm (blankets, sheets, coats, socks, etc.) – this is good for cold climates
18. Power generators
19. Bicycles – traffic might be worse than your average morning rush hour in a collapse because people are trying to escape town and grab store items. Having a bicycle allows you to manoeuvre through traffic easily.
20. Pet food – our pets need to eat as well and having their food will help them to survive
21. Bullion; precious metals – currencies may be worthless and another form of monetary exchange might be implemented. Bullion stores and financial institutions could be out of stock.
22. Important random items for the home (buckets, calendar, duct tape, tools, rope, etc.) – having these random items are good for any type of situation, especially if you have to improvise.
Survival MD (Best Post Collapse First Aid Survival Guide Ever)
Backyard Innovator (A Self Sustaining Source Of Fresh Meat,Vegetables And Clean Drinking Water)
Blackout USA (EMP survival and preparedness)
Conquering the coming collapse (Financial advice and preparedness )
Liberty Generator (Build and make your own energy source)
Backyard Liberty (Easy and cheap DIY Aquaponic system to grow your organic and living food bank)
Bullet Proof Home (A Prepper’s Guide in Safeguarding a Home )
Family Self Defense (Best Self Defense Strategies For You And Your Family)
Sold Out After Crisis (Best 37 Items To Hoard For A Long Term Crisis)
Survive The End Days (Biggest Cover Up Of Our President)
Drought USA(Discover The Amazing Device That Turns Air Into Water)
Source : economiccollapsenews.com