When the grocery store shelves are empty, Discover how to preserve food for long periods of time
I’m always amazed at how many sheeple blindly believe food will magically appear on grocery store shelves day after day, from now to eternity. The magnificent retail presentation of food abundance at retail stores belies the fact that what you see on the shelf is nearly the entire inventory available at that store. Just-in-time delivery logistics means new trucks full of food and produce arrive mere hours before the shelves are restocked. There’s no “depth” to the inventory — a fact made abundantly obvious in the hours leading up to an approaching hurricane or natural disaster where store shelves are stripped bare.
These three old lessons will ensure your children will be well fed when others are rummaging through garbage bins. Click here to learn all about the 3 skills that will help you thrive in any crises situation.
Just-in-time food deliveries are completely dependent on all these things functioning smoothly in society:
1) FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS: Financial transactions with banks are necessary to process payments for received goods and transportation fees. If the transactions can’t go through, deliveries can’t be made.
2) FUEL SUPPLIES: If fuel isn’t readily available, the trucks don’t roll. And fuel supplies depend on the functioning of oil refineries which, of course, run on electricity from the power grid.
3) POWER GRID: Without the power grid online and functioning, trucking companies can’t function because they’re all run by computer. Stores also can’t stay open to receive goods because they can’t log in the received inventory via computer.
4) SOCIAL STABILITY: Trucks can’t deliver groceries to stores that are on fire or stranded in the middle of Riotsville USA. No trucker will risk his life just to deliver another thousand boxes of Cheese Nips for 48 cents a mile.
All it takes is any one of these crashing down to result in grocery store shelves being stripped bare in mere hours. You can also see that happening from sudden spikes in demand such as the pre-hurricane store rushes and even the post-Fukushima store shelf wipeouts we witnessed in Japan.
When the store shelves are empty, how will you feed yourself and your family?
Many people are buying heirloom garden seeds in anticipation of a coming food crisis. This is a very important first step, yet most people vastly underestimate the physical difficulty of growing food in soil.
Those who have never gardened in soil have little concept of the hard work involved. Beyond the physical demands, gardening in soil has high caloric demands. And for many garden-grown foods, you’ll use more calories growing them than those foods deliver. (Nearly all green vegetables, for example, take more calories to grow than they provide.)
Gardening in soil also uses huge amounts of water, and most people have no real plan in place for acquiring the vast quantities of water they’ll need to grow food in open soil. Praying for rain — especially if you live in the American Southwest — is a recipe for dying of starvation.
Growing food in hydroponics and aquaponics systems is very viable, but only if you are highly technical and have a relatively large amount of money to spend up front. I have extensively studied an even constructed hydroponic and aquaponic systems, and what I’ve learned in this is that they tend to be very complex… perhaps too complex for most people to casually operate.
All hydroponic and aquaponic systems depend on a network of circulation pumps, oxygen diffusers and usually high-tech nutrient monitoring components. While these systems are very good for growing large quantities of food if you can devote the time needed to master their technologies, what people have told me over and over again is that hydroponic and aquaponic system seem “too intimidating” and too complex for everyday people to learn and master. I’m still a proponent of these systems for lots of reasons, but when the power grid goes down, they don’t operate at all unless you have your own self-contained power systems (solar panels, generators, wind turbines, etc.).
REALTED : Dutch Bucket Hydroponics – How It Works & How to Make Your Own Buckets
Watch out for false claims on storable food supplies
As a backup strategy for food preparedness, many people are buying large quantities of storable food. This is a very viable and important strategy, but the reality is that all stored food eventually runs out.
Even if you store 1-2 years of food (as more and more people are doing, believe it or not), that food will run out more quickly than you think, especially when your friends and family members show up starving, soon after remembering you are a “prepper” and therefore have the supplies to feed everybody. (Yes, they called you crazy until they needed your food, and suddenly you’re their best friend…funny how that works.)
The other problem with storable food — and this is a huge problem in the industry — is that many storable food companies vastly exaggerate the number of meals they are providing. It’s common for so-called “one year” packages to really only provide something like 1600 to 1800 calories a day. Given that most Americans today are really eating closer to 3000 calories a day, the so-called “one year” food packages are only going to last them six or seven months unless they discipline themselves to endure severe calorie restrictions. (Unlikely.)
Also, most of the lower-cost storable food is all genetically modified and loaded with MSG, yeast extract and other chemicals. Yuck!
Click here to learn all about the 3 skills that will help you thrive in any crises situation.
Home food production made ridiculously easy
To help address these problems, I’ve invented a series of objects and mechanisms that can grow large quantities of food without using electricity, pumps or soil.
Many of the parts for this system — but not all of them — can be 3D printed using almost any common 3D printer that has a 6″ build height at supports PET-based filaments.
This invention will allow almost anyone to:
• Grow food at remarkably little expense (pennies on the dollar compared to store-bought foods).
• Produce over 200% more food in the same space compared to square foot soil gardening.
• Grow food with over 500% higher mineral nutrition than store-bought foods.
• Produce your own high-potency natural medicines including anti-cancer medicine, right at home, for virtually free.
• Create your own high-potency plant-based mineral supplements which can be easily dried and stored for later use in capsules or powders.
• Grow high-calorie-producing ROOT vegetables, including potatoes, carrots and beets, using variations of this system.
• REMOVE all toxic heavy metals from your water source. One of the top innovations in this system is a 3D printable device that removes heavy metals from water.
• The system requires NO electricity. There are NO power cords. There are NO pumps. One of my design requirements was that this system would work in a third-world country or following an EMP attack that destroyed the power grid.
• As a result, the entire system is 100% EMP-proof and will continue to operate even following a power grid failure or an outbreak of war. Yes, the enemy can cut off your power, but they can’t stop your food supply if you’re using this system.
• The entire system is being released open source under a license similar to Creative Commons, where you are free to use the 3D printable files as long as you provide attribution to the original inventor (the Health Ranger).
• There are some parts required for the system which cannot be 3D printed. You will have to acquire those through other means. I have worked very hard to keep these additional parts incredibly simple and readily available. For example, the two most important parts you need to source are: 1) Paper clips. 2) Pencil erasers. (The common erasers on the ends of wooden pencils, which are almost exactly 6.7mm in diameter.) You probably need to stock up on some wooden pencils anyway, so by buying wooden pencils, you’re also getting the erasers you’ll need for this project.
You will need sunlight and water
You will also need a source of light for some — but not all — of the food plants you wish to grow. If you wish to grow food indoors, you will obviously need to provide a light source which requires electricity.
You will also need water. This can be rain water, well water, river water, pond water… you name it. The good news is this system uses about 1/20th the water of soil gardening. So your need for water is drastically reduced.
As long as you have a source of light and a source of water, you can use this system to grow massive quantities of food, medicine and mineral supplements with very little effort and very little cost.
This system can help keep you alive in a crisis that might otherwise force you into starvation
In an economic collapse, an outbreak of war, social chaos or other crisis scenario, many people will starve for lack of food. The grocery store shelves will be quickly emptied, and because most people have not stored any food, they will have no means to procure it other than waiting around for FEMA to show up.
But the larger the crisis, the lower the chances of government being able to help (even if they really wanted to). In a nationwide crisis such as an economic collapse, you will likely be entirely on your own for some period of time.
long term food storage.
Survive Attack to Our Power Grid System (Weapon That Can Instantly End Modern Life in America)
Survival MD (Best Post Collapse First Aid Survival Guide Ever)
Backyard Innovator (A Self Sustaining Source Of Fresh Meat,Vegetables And Clean Drinking Water)
Blackout USA (EMP survival and preparedness)
Conquering the coming collapse (Financial advice and preparedness )
Liberty Generator (Build and make your own energy source)
Backyard Liberty (Easy and cheap DIY Aquaponic system to grow your organic and living food bank)
Bullet Proof Home (A Prepper’s Guide in Safeguarding a Home )
Family Self Defense (Best Self Defense Strategies For You And Your Family)
Survive Any Crisis (Best Items To Hoard For A Long Term Crisis)
Survive The End Days (Biggest Cover Up Of Our President)
Drought USA(Discover The Amazing Device That Turns Air Into Water)