Major News, Storm Alerts | Earth Will Only Have 12 Hours to Prepare for Massive Solar Storm
Trains will be disrupted, power will go out, satellite signals will go wonky – that’s what we have to look forward to when the sun next has a melt down, and we’re unlikely to get more than 12 hours warning.
In a new government document, the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills has laid out its Space Weather Preparedness Strategy, outlining the risks of unsettled space weather as well as what it plans to do about them.
The document explains that the worst case scenario is a ‘coronal mass ejection’ – huge eruptions on the sun which cause parts of its corona to detach. The corona is the pearly glow around the sun that you can only usually see during a total solar eclipse, made up of plasma and rarefied gases.
The worst case scenario is based on the Carrington event of 1859, which caused solar-flare related x-rays and radiation storms. In 2015, a similar event could cause the national grid to fail, satellite operations to shut down, increased radiation on flights and upset to electronic systems.
I think we may see more of such things in the near future aka computer glitches and intensifying solar storms, by relatively weak CMEs.
Three-day supply kit
Start with an easy to carry, watertight container – a large, plastic trash can will do, or you can line a sturdy cardboard box with a couple of trash bags. Next, gather the following items and place them in your kit:
- Water: 1 gallon per person per day. Fill plastic containers, such as soft-drink bottles.
- Water purification kit or bleach (use eight drops of regular bleach per gallon of water.
- Essential medications
- First-aid book and kit that includes:
– 20 emergency bandages of various sizes
– One 5 x 9 sterile dressing
– One roll of self-adhering elastic bandage
– Four various-sized sterile gauze pads
– One roll of 3-inch cohesive bandage
– Waterless alcohol-based sanitizer and wipes
– Medical grade non-latex gloves
– Adhesive tape, 2-inch width
– Anti-bacterial ointment
– Cold pack
– Small scissors
– CPR breathing barrier, such as a face shield
– Non-prescription drugs (e.g., aspirin or non-aspirin pain relievers)
RELATED : Disaster Supplies Kit
- Sanitary Items:
– Large, plastic trash bags for waste and to use as tarps and rain ponchos
– Large trash cans
– Bar soap and liquid detergent
– Toothpaste and toothbrushes
– Feminine hygiene supplies
– Toilet paper
– Household bleach for cleaning
– Rubber gloves(sourcce)
Survival MD (Best Post Collapse First Aid Survival Guide Ever)
Backyard Innovator (A Self Sustaining Source Of Fresh Meat,Vegetables And Clean Drinking Water)
Blackout USA (EMP survival and preparedness)
Conquering the coming collapse (Financial advice and preparedness )
Liberty Generator (Build and make your own energy source)
Backyard Liberty (Easy and cheap DIY Aquaponic system to grow your organic and living food bank)
Bullet Proof Home (A Prepper’s Guide in Safeguarding a Home )
Family Self Defense (Best Self Defense Strategies For You And Your Family)
Sold Out After Crisis (Best 37 Items To Hoard For A Long Term Crisis)
Survive The End Days (Biggest Cover Up Of Our President)
Drought USA(Discover The Amazing Device That Turns Air Into Water)